If you are looking for a terrific U.S. travel destination for your family, you are in luck. There are plenty of great locales across the country that offer a wide variety of attractions and activities that are just perfect for families. Here are some of the best (in no particular order):
Walt Disney World (Orlando, FL)
There is nothing quite like Walt Disney World, especially if you are a child. It is a place where you can create memories that last a lifetime. One of the things that makes this place really great is that it is 4 theme parks in one, which include:
- The Magic Kingdom
- Epoct Center
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
While you are in Orlando, there are also other great theme parks for your family to explore as well, including:
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando Resort
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Grand Canyon (Arizona)
The Grand Canyon is a one-of-a-kind travel destination for families that is especially terrific if your family enjoys the great outdoors. According to Travel Loyalty Club, the Canyon is nearly 300 miles long, up to 18 miles wide and more than a mile deep. Among the many wonderful things you and your family can do there include:
- Taking hikes along the many trails there.
- Riding mules down the North Rim of the canyon.
- Taking in the stunning views on the Grand Canyon Skywalk.
- Rafting on the Colorado River.
- Riding on the Grand Canyon Railway.
The Grand Canyon also provides a wide range of accommodations, including camping.
The nation’s capital is a city seeminly built with families in mind, as it has a plethora of historic buildings, monuments and museums that everyone in your family will love. These include:
- The White House
- The Capitol Building
- The Washington Monument and the National Mall
- The Lincoln Memorial
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- The Smithsonian Institution
- The National Zoo
- The National Air and Space Museum
- The National Museum of Natural History
The city is also easily accesible by subway, so you do not have to worry about driving.
San Diego, CA
If your family loves beaches and beautiful weather, they will really love San Diego. The area has 70 miles of pristine beaches, which include:
- Mission Beach
- Coronado Beach
- La Jolla Shores
But there is a whole lot more than beaches in San Diego for your family to enjoy. Among the many great attractions there include:
- The San Diego Zoo
- Safari Park
- Balboa Park
- The San Diego Air and Space Museum
- The Fleet Science Center
Yosemite National Park (California)
Yousemite is another great family destination for those who enjoy outdoor adventures. Among the many great things you and your family can do there include:
- Taking hikes and horseback rides along the many trails there.
- Rafting the picturesque Merced River.
- Going to both the Glacier Point overlook and Tunnel View for breathtaking views of the park.
- Visiting the cliffs of El Capitan.
Like Grand Canyon, the park offers a wide range of accommodations, including camping.
Maui is another great destination for families that love beaches and beautiful weather. The island has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, including:
- Wailea Beach
- Napili Beach
- Waianapanapa State Park
- Haleakala National Park
But there are lot more things to do on Maui than just visiting beaches. This includes:
- Visiting the world largest dormant volcano.
- Taking a tropical hike through Valley State Park.
- Attending a traditional luau at Old Lahaina Luau.
- Going snorkeling and boating.